SIR ARTHUR DIMWORTHY
THE MAN, THE LEGEND, THE BUFFOON
Sir Arthur Dimworthy… Who is he? Why is he?
Master wordsmith, gifted communicator, eloquent speaker… he is none of these things.
In fact, he has been described as “possibly the world’s most inept motivational speaker.” When God made Sir Arthur he said “Ooops.” But God’s “Ooops” is our gift, because Sir Arthur truly is a gift to us all. He is passionate about his calling, animated in his presentation, and lives and breathes to leave his indelible mark upon organizations around the world. His passion is your organization and its future.
It can safely be said that Sir Arthur is a man ahead of his time, or for that matter any time. In fact, Sir Arthur rarely knows what time he’s in. He has self-published his autobiography, entitled: “Waxing Elephants: Memoirs of an International Speaker”. It sold all 3 copies and, alas, is now out of print.
Comedian Steven Wright once described himself as “a peripheral visionary”. That title aptly describes Sir Arthur - a man who “sees into the future but way off to the side.”
With his “non-parallel” sense of vision and his gift of verbal confusion, you can be assured that once your organization has been “Dimworthied” it will never be the same again.
Sorry about that.
SIR ARTHUR AND YOU...
Do you need a one-of-a-kind presenter for your next conference, training day or special event?
Do you need someone to shed some unique light on your theme of the day?
Do you need an oasis of laughter in an otherwise intense gathering?
Do you need issues relevant to your organization or event addressed in ways that no one will forget?
If the answer is “YES!” then Sir Arthur is your man! With a unique perspective and refreshing humor he will address relevant issues from the Dimworthy point of view.
How does it work? You send to Sir Arthur some brief, basic information about your company and event and he will personalize original speeches from his repertoire to help address your organization and its needs. You can introduce Sir Arthur as the newest company director; the most recent board member; an international expert on the theme of your event; or as your new director of vision who will help motivate your people to embrace a vision for the future.
- For CBRichard Ellis, Sir Arthur was introduced as an international expert on “Globalization” and was a key-note speaker at a one-day forum on that theme.
- For Netscreen Technologies, Sir Arthur was introduced as the Director of Emerging Technologies and discussed his vision and plans to lead Netscreen into the new millennium and beyond.
- For numerous C.S. Lewis Foundation forums and conferences, Sir Arthur has been introduced as the newest board member, as the new director of the University initiative and as a Lewis and Tolkien scholar. He has spoken on various topics ranging from “Free Speech” to “The Fantastical Worlds of C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien”.
- For The Institute for Innovation, Integration and Impact, Sir Arthur became the Director of Vision and helped introduce the company and its philosophy to prospective clients.
- For The Dating Without Delusion Seminars, Sir Arthur was hired as an internationally admired and revered expert on “Relationships”.
- For the Master of Science in Executive Leadership program at the University of San Diego, Sir Arthur was guest speaker at the Graduation Dinner. He was introduced as a pioneer in management training and as an expert in communication for the business community at large.
- For Western Seminary in San Jose, Sir Arthur was the guest speaker at the dedication of the Seminary’s new building.
You can be sure that Sir Arthur’s personalized verbal rompings will engage all those present and be a valuable addition to your event that will not soon be forgotten.
MARK JENNINGS BIOGRAPHY
Sir Arthur Dimworthy was created, and is brought to life, by English actor/humorist Mark Jennings. Along with performing as his alter-ego, Sir Arthur Dimworthy, Mark also writes for and performs with Face To Face Theatre Company which he and his wife, Ilona, established in 1992. Prior to coming to America in 1984, Mark performed for two years with a London-based performing arts team that traveled internationally with Rev. David Watson. He has performed for corporations and businesses, schools, prisons, church retreats, on California’s Venice Beach, and in the hallowed halls of London’s Houses of Parliament. Mark has studied improvisation, mime and mask-making and was for three years a coach and player with San Diego Theatresports (a local improv troupe). For six years, Mark and Ilona were Artists-in-Residence at First Presbyterian Church, San Mateo, CA. Mark’s passion for combining the arts in education has led to teaching an after-school improv program for at-risk teens, performing and teaching workshops for Lamb’s Players Educational Outreach programs, and the current position he and Ilona hold as teaching artists in drama at Allen Elementary School in Chula Vista, CA. Mark and Ilona are proud parents of an energetic four year old, Grace.